BBQ Chicken is one of my absolute favourites! You can hardly go wrong when making it and everyone loves it! If you are grilling, you can eat it straight off the grill, no sides needed. If you are preparing it to go alongside other dishes, pretty much anything goes.
- 1 kg chicken (the last time I made it, I used drumsticks – always fab!)
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of powdered jerk seasoning (Maggi is my absolute favourite!)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 pinches of black pepper
- 4 pinches of salt
- Half bottle of original BBQ sauce (455 mL)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Worchestire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Prepare chicken as you usually would (cleaning, removing skin etc.)
- Place chicken in baking pan and apply all purpose seasoning, jerk seasoning, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Ensure that seasonings are evenly distributed among all chicken pieces.
- Place in the oven and set to low broil.
- Turn chicken pieces over after 15 minutes to ensure that both sides are browning.
- Begin to prepare sauce. Mix BBQ sauce, ketchup, and Worchestire sauce together
- Add jerk seasoning, red pepper flakes, parsley flakes and brown sugar to the mixture and stir until smooth.
- After 25 minutes of cooking, cover the chicken in the sauce and leave in the oven for another 15 minutes.